Twitter Parties are HOT!

Book Your Twitter Party Today... Let The Fabulous Finds Tweet about your Company...

Contact
thefabulousfinds@comcast.net

Monday, February 15, 2010

Shoo Jimmy Choo! Book Review




Shoo, Jimmy Choo! By Catey Hill is a must have for every woman struggling to gain control of her finances. While Catey Hill is no Dave Ramsey she is instead your best girlfriend the one who understands your love of fashion and the strong pull of a manicure. Her easy to follow financial makeover plan and conversational writing style will make you forget you are reading about finances. I really identified with Catey Hill as I read this book and i love how she spoke to women not as an expert but as a friend who has been in your shoes and is now in control of her finances. As some one who watches every penny and has read multiple books on finances I did not learn anything new from this book, but I did find a friend. What I mean by that is after reading this book I felt relieved, empowered and a bit less guilty about my secret desire to splurge on a new dress as I strive for financial freedom. I would definitely recommend this book to all of my friends. In Shoo, Jimmy Choo! I finally found a book that addresses my financial needs with real concrete advice on how to fix them. It's all about Style, Diet and Fitness any woman can understand that. Reviewed by: Ellen




Shoo, Jimmy Choo! By Catey Hill
I will be the first to admit that when I started reading this book I was not excited. Not a book about finance (my least favorite topic)! So as I started reading I became more and more impressed. Not only impressed, but inspired! This book is so clever! Catey Hill makes a topic that women have a difficult time hearing become interesting. I instantly wanted to clean out my financial closet! Comparing money to things women understand, such as diet, style, and fitness was a great idea. I have never been explained things better by any professional, for example, the health care section. I have had many different types of health insurance and have had them explained to me over and over, but have never fully understood any of it!
This book is great to help organize a budget, track spending, cut back on things that seem to slip through our fingers. I have already started my own charts that Catey has laid out so simple. I think of myself as an excellent bargain shopper, but I realized that doesn’t mean I am good with money! Even after reading this book it will be an excellent source to refer to throughout life when I buy a new home, or car, or do my taxes, etc., because it covers everything! This book is fantastic! I’m on my way to “savvy money management!” Reviewed by: Melinda




Looking to save money for a rainy day or save for retirement or just want to spend less? Check out Shoo, Jimmy Choo - The Modern Girl's Guide to Spending Less and Saving More.

Shoo, Jimmy Choo is a book for anyone looking to cut back on their spending. Caty Hill gives advice and even gives you worksheets so you can do it yourself. You will be guided though style, diet and fitness ...for your finances.

Some chapters included:

The Money Makeover: little or not-so-little financial "touch ups"
The Plastic Purge : curing the "plastic plague"
Climb the Career Ladder: landing your dream job and a pretty paycheck
Push for a Pad: buying a home or being a savvy renter

Written by Catey Hill, money editor of nydailynews.com.Before that she was the marketing manager at Plum TV and the author of The Plum Wealth Report. Catey herself is a recovering shoe addict.

I've read similar books and they're so not interesting. Catey Hill writes a great book with funny stories and scenarios just for women. I pretty much practice much of what is covered in this book, but it was a gentle reminder to stay focused.

Reviewed by: Ann




Shoo, Jimmy Choo! By Catey Hill


This is a book I wish I had read in my early twenties. It's full of valuable information on how to get your financial life where you want it to be. From tips on evaluating your spending habits, identifying your spending triggers (this section was really eye-opening for me!) to paying off student loans, investing, and planning for a baby--this book has it all. Usually, finance books are straight-forward, just-the-facts, and slightly (okay A LOT) boring, but this book injects an element of fun into a serious topic. I like her light-hearted style and easy-to-read (and understand) presentation of information. This book is aimed at a younger audience, so I think it would make the perfect high school or college graduation gift. Reviewed by: Vanessa

Shoo,Jimmy Choo! By Catey Hill

As described as "The moderns Girl's Guide to spending Less".. I think this book is full of financial information and written in a fashionable style. Catey Hill has fun writing skills and gets to the point. I am 39 and this book would have been a great tool when I was in my twenties. I did take some information to heart though. I have to agree with Vanessa, this would make a great college/high school graduation gift. A eye opener to life, what to do with your money when you get that amazing job etc.. Still I love everything about it. Title,Writing style and information Great job Catey...Simply FABULOUS! Reviewed by: Heather




SHOO, Jimmy Choo.


Beautiful cover, great title. Makes you want to pick it up and read it. It feels light and airy when you first pick it up but this is the bible of all bibles for financials and getting your act straight. Catey Hill gives you everything you need, forms, websites, advice, motivation, etc. to force yourself to look at your financials with a magnifying glass and then put a plan to do something about it. A must read for all women! I loved it! Reviewed By Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin